Are you a frequent flier or making a long haul flight for business or pleasure? If you are, know that flying can age you. De-hydration, reduced oxygen, confined space, bad food and over-exposure to too many people and their germs takes its toll on your face and body. Here’s what you can do to protect yourself. Continue reading
Recently, I was googling vain women of history and came across two who (strangely) share a similar name, nearly the same length of reign and an obsession with their beauty. They are the Empress Dowager of China, Queen Cixi, who ruled for forty eight years and the Empress of Austria, Queen Sisi, who ruled for forty four years. Both left a legacy of beauty secrets though today, I will only look at Cixi.
Cixi entered the Qing palace at the age of seventeen as a xiunu, the lowest-ranking of imperial concubines, and rose to the position of empress dowager on the death of Emperor Xianfeng. She held the reins of political power for forty eight years and was the key figure leading to the downfall of the Qing Dynasty. Continue reading
The survey questionnaire I use as a basis to understand the habits of my private clients in order to formulate a routine is focused on the following areas of quotidian life:
• Food sources
• Eating schedule
• Frequency of eating at restaurants, ordering in
• Cooking habits
• Alcohol, recreational, pharmaceutical, homeopathic drug habits
• Use of vitamins and supplements
• Cookware and food/drink storage types
• Use of microwave
• Use of plastic at home
• Water source and home filtration
• Home cleaning products
• Personal care, bath, cosmetic, beauty products
• Bedroom – electronic devicess, TV, darkness of room, type of mattress, cleanliness
• Electromagnetic Fields in/near your home/life – radiation exposure
• Detoxifying the body on a regular basis – colonics and cleanses
• Family health history
• Exercise routine and frequency
• Stress levels and management – massage, therapy, acupuncture, meditation, touch
• Spirituality and connectedness – giving back to the world
• Love – friends, pets, children
Are you aware why each of these areas is important to overall health which includes but is not exclusive to anti-aging?
If any of you have any questions or want to see articles on certain topics please feel free to email me directly! I want to know what YOU think and what you want more information on!
Follow me for a daily (usually) anti-aging tip. You too can look as luscious as a goddess and as ageless as a vampire!
The below was written by Doctor Howard Murad to explain how to promote collagen and elasticity in skin and prevent aging. Consider the supplement section a gentle segue into my own vitamin and nutraceutical interest which will be addressed regularly in the future! Continue reading