Back in the Crazy Days of Yore, activated carbon was a major weapon in my survival kit as well as my anti-aging regimen. Its magical absorptive properties enable it to pull all kinds of toxins, poisons, free radicals etc from your body. Some say activated carbon can also absorb bacteria and fungi… If I’ve been exposed to too many cigarettes, truck fumes, sick children, pollution – I will make a little glass of black magic and feel much better about myself. How much you ask? I put 2 big spoonfuls in a glass of water and glug it back like a soldier. It’s not caviar but it’s not the worst drink I make. If you read my article on Himalayan mud and had the courage to try some you know my strength. Continue reading
Having read quite a lot about the effect of radiation on the body and, having a mother who got breast cancer after having her Hodgkins treated with radiation, I have become increasingly aware of the effects of electromagnetic fields on the human body. As a ‘wellness and anti-aging consultant’ one of my focuses in detoxifying a client’s habitat and lifestyle is to try to reduce their exposure to man-made electromagnetic fields. I have made certain that my own and my child’s bedroom have absolutely no electromagnetic fields and we both sleep very well!
However, most people do not think about electromagnetic fields and it is only recently that our world has become completely over-run by them in the name of convenience and consumerism.
I was recently in Florence and met a very interesting yoga instructor who introduced me to the website of Dr. Katherina Johnson. Below, is an article she wrote on this subject. Continue reading
The survey questionnaire I use as a basis to understand the habits of my private clients in order to formulate a routine is focused on the following areas of quotidian life:
• Food sources
• Eating schedule
• Frequency of eating at restaurants, ordering in
• Cooking habits
• Alcohol, recreational, pharmaceutical, homeopathic drug habits
• Use of vitamins and supplements
• Cookware and food/drink storage types
• Use of microwave
• Use of plastic at home
• Water source and home filtration
• Home cleaning products
• Personal care, bath, cosmetic, beauty products
• Bedroom – electronic devicess, TV, darkness of room, type of mattress, cleanliness
• Electromagnetic Fields in/near your home/life – radiation exposure
• Detoxifying the body on a regular basis – colonics and cleanses
• Family health history
• Exercise routine and frequency
• Stress levels and management – massage, therapy, acupuncture, meditation, touch
• Spirituality and connectedness – giving back to the world
• Love – friends, pets, children
Are you aware why each of these areas is important to overall health which includes but is not exclusive to anti-aging?
If any of you have any questions or want to see articles on certain topics please feel free to email me directly! I want to know what YOU think and what you want more information on!
Follow me for a daily (usually) anti-aging tip. You too can look as luscious as a goddess and as ageless as a vampire!