Envy that dewy complexion of the sixteen year old girl standing next to you in line at the grocery store? Looking for that special plumpness associated with the magic of youth that no filler can ever replicate? (Unless you want to look like a human chipmunk that is…) Find a way to incorporate the below 10 foods into your diet on a regular basis.
1. Avocados – Not only are they used in many facial products, but the skin as well as the fruit of the avocado are exceptionally high in Vitamin B. Niacin (b-3), is very important to smooth, healthy skin, and can help with the appearance of irritated, red, or puffy skin. If you choose this fruit, you can either consume it in a salad, in a smoothie, or on its own; or, you can choose to use the fruit as a facial rub, with other natural ingredients, to help with the skin’s overall appearance.
2. Berries – Vitamin C is another essential for healthy skin, and berries have it. From strawberries to blackberries, the vitamins will work to help build collagen fibers, and provide younger looking skin. Antioxidants are also very high in the berries you consume, and these are essential to helping with inflammation. Whether you consume smoothies on a regular basis, or just eat a few strawberries each day, they are great resources for healthier looking skin.
3. Cottage Cheese – Selenium and Vitamin E which are found in this food, help fight free radicals, as well as provide higher antioxidant counts for healthier looking skin. Certain reports also claim that cottage cheese can help prevent certain types of cancers, if eaten as part of a healthy diet plan.
4. Almonds (nuts) – Fatty acids found in these foods help maintain the cell membrane, and help remove harmful toxins from the body. They also help retain water, which gives the skin the plump, healthy look you want over your face and body. Plus, the healthy oils and fats in nuts are great for overall heart health, and maintaining a healthy weight, which is something everyone wants to do.
5. Potatoes – A baked potato can provide a high amount of copper the body needs, for a healthy glow. The high zinc and Vitamin C count also aid in creating more elastin in the skin, providing young, healthy, and vibrant looking skin, at all times of the day.
6. Healthy whole grains – Although grains that are low on the glycemic index cause a spike in blood sugars, whole grains are on the high end of the spectrum, meaning they are also going to help in keeping the young looking, healthy appearance you want, when you are considering skin care, and the best looking skin possible. You do have to make sure they are high in fiber (look for foods listed high by the Whole Grain Council), for the best results, and for the most benefits to your skin.
7. Flax seed – If you do not love fish, or other foods that are high in omega-3 fatty acids, flax seed oil is the perfect solution for you. The high omega-3 count is going to help with hydrating the body, diluting sebum levels, unclogging pores, and helping prevent and fight acne. The healthy oils found in this flax seed oil, will give the skin the natural glow, and will provide you with the health benefits you need, for young, healthy skin.
8. Yogurt – High in protein, yogurt is going to help create firmer, more elastic looking skin. Greek yogurt is even more beneficial, as it contains more than two times the amount of protein, and is high in fiber, as regular blends of yogurt that you would consume. As an added benefit, there are several great flavors, and you can go with plain if you add some berries, or honey, for a little more flavor.
9. Pepper – With green, yellow, orange, and red, not only are peppers fun and colorful on your plate, they can also help with the crow’s feet you experience below your eyes. Carotenoids (antioxidants in these peppers) help with wrinkle prevention, and they can also help to reduce wrinkles, for younger, and for fine and healthy looking skin, if eaten on a regular basis.
10. Mango – Not only is it a delicious fruit, it can also help with the overall look and health of your skin. Mango contains more than 80% of the Vitamin A you need to consume during the course of the day, and it can help maintain the skin, and overall appearance of it. The high levels of antioxidants also help fight off free radicals, meaning you are not going to notice premature, or aging skin, at a younger age than you would hope to. Plus, it is low in calories, and it is a great fruit to add to your diet regime.
Of course there are several other foods that you can include in the diet, that are going to help with the appearance of the skin, as well as with your overall health. From fish such as salmon, that are high in omega-3 fatty acids, to walnuts, that have the oil that will help soften the skin, there are several foods that you can choose from, for better, younger looking skin. Depending on your diet, and foods you enjoy, some options are going to be better than others, for certain dieters. The information is out there so just look for it or keep coming back here!!
FOLLOW ME for a daily (usually!) anti-aging tip. You too can look as luscious as a goddess and as ageless as a vampire!