So many girls I know won’t eat avocados out of fear that they will make them fat. But eating avocados is like feeding eggs to a show dog. Everything will gleam apres! I eat avocados daily and am far from fat!
Avocados contain the kind of fat that is critical to anti-aging and great skin – polyunsaturated and monounsaturated fats. These fats help your skin to retain moisture. Without moisture our body functionality and metabolic processes are reduced leading to inflammation, puffiness and a decrease in the release of toxins. But avocados contain even more beneficial advantages:
- High levels of carotenoid lutein – a fat that moisturizes the skin
- High levels of B vitamins – essential to producing energy in the body and its processes as well as metabolism
- High levels of potassium (more than bananas) which help to balance fluid levels in the body.
- High levels of vitamin K and E. E is especially important as an antioxidant which protects cells from damage by the constant assault of free radicals.
- Adding avocados to a carotenoid rich diet (carrots, sweet potatoes, spinach, broccoli) assists in the absorption of the carotenoid in the body. Carotenoids like: alpha-carotene, beta-carotene, lycopene and lutein all protect your skin.
- It’s a pro-fertility food!!
I add avocados to toast with roasted vegetables or make a simple guacamole which you can also add to sandwiches.
You can puree or serve chunky. Add tomatoes for more color!
1 clove of garlic
A bit of chopped purple onion